Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Certified life



Here we are hiking for our final course for Search and Rescue. I have to say that it was such a wonderful feeling when Jeff, one of the SAR guys, said, "Look around, you are all Certified
now." As a team we went through plenty of difficult times. Training was not easy for our volunteer group. I look back at some of the photos and can tell how much we all grew up. I am glad I tested myself and joined. Now it is only onward and upward from here!

In my most recent Miracles coaching exercise we discussed so many great things, but the one that I want to touch on is reframing questions. This is something that is going to take practice on my part. The purpose of this is to get a more positive outcome. When you are asked, "how was your day?" A general quick one word answer is usually the outcome. With friends a lot of the time you get a cliff notes version of the awful weekend/day they are having. So to focus the conversation why not ask, "What was something great about your weekend?" or "what is something exciting you have planned for this week?" Maybe even test them, "Tell me something good about your day in 30 secs?" Of course this is in a joking manner and not meant to speed them up so you don't have to chat with them. Give it a shot this week. See what responses you get. Maybe reframe the questions so you don't sound like a slap-happy hyper freak. But you get the idea.


Blessings!

"learn from the natural, relaxed way in which young children move"



1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for all your recent accomplishments! I like your idea of rephrasing,I think I'll try this at work. Love you!

    ReplyDelete