Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Be Green and Grateful

Happy St Patrick's Day!


Today is the day that I will set aside to talk about being grateful. Sit down and make a list of the things that you are grateful for. Attempt to do this daily as a way to start your morning routine. Set the alarm 5 minutes earlier so that you can have time. Then set a pen and notebook by your bed and wha-la you can simply sit up and write your list. This can set your tone for the day as well. You are starting off finding positive to be grateful for. As you go through your day you may start to think, 'hmm I can add that to my list.' Or as you go you may simply find the gratitude around you. To take being grateful one step further...take the things that you don't want and turn them into something to be grateful for. An example could be, ' I don't want to have a crappy car.' Turn that into, 'I am grateful to have a car that gets me to work and back.' As well as take the things that you long for and turn them into gratitude. 'I want a better job.' for example could become, 'I am grateful that I have a job in these trying times.' Work on it and as you do it will become easier and easier. You will find yourself being more and more grateful and therefore positive in no time! Isn't that what we strive for!

my grateful list:

I am grateful :

  • that I am single so I can spend more quality time with my son.
  • that I don't weigh a ton and am healthy.
  • i have a great car that runs and gets me to work, all while looking great!
  • i have money and more opportunities to make more money.
  • for my intelligent sensitive son.
  • when my son asks me to Reiki him. This shows his support and belief in me.
  • for my mother with all her experiences. Her open heart, knowledge and love.
  • for my awesome apartment with gorgeous stained glass windows.
  • my strength.
  • wonderful family and friends that love me for who I am.
  • that i have no needs.
  • the accomplishments i have done so far: hypnotherapy, Reiki II, Search and Rescue, ED tech, EMT and so on, with more to come.
You can see where the list can catch fire! There is so much to be grateful for. Everyday, just make at least two entries into your notebook. It is so much easier to do more, but at least two.

~late addition: If you are having trouble finding the things to be grateful for or if you just want a good read
go to the address below. Just cut and paste in your browser. I haven't quite figured out the link option yet. This is a great excerpt from 'Pronoia is the antidote to Paranoia.' Enjoy!


http://www.freewillastrology.com/beauty/beauty.main139.shtml

Blessings!


"believe that the best is yet to be"



No comments:

Post a Comment