Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Going up River...


Today Didj and I decided to take a trip. Seeing how he had no school and I didn't have to work...why not?! So we started our journey at the Burlington Cafe. Such delicious food! Then we just started driving. I didn't know where I was headed, but Boo wanted to see some birds. In this pic you can see his bird book in one hand and binoculars in the other. We headed out driving along the Skagit river. What a gorgeous drive! The sun was out and it was a wonderful day. We would pull over and explore an area, then hop back in the car and find a new spot. Oh what a perfect day! We then decided to take the scenic route to Bellingham along Chuckanut. Again breathtaking views! We pulled into Boomer's for some dinner. It's this fun drive-up style burger place that comes a very close second to Big Toms in Olympia. Best burgers around! And Didj likes to just drive up and then eat in the car, although he isn't partial to the 50's music. I think it is a blast! Then back home and putt around some stores. With evil fraudulent activity on my debt card I couldn't use my card. Boy that is rough. But that might be the first time I walked through the mall and didn't get a thing! Then to top off the evening we headed to Big Scoop. Set up like a 50's ice cream shop...I remember going there with mom when we were younger. NO that wasn't in the 50's! All in all we didn't see many birds at all, but the time spent together and the beautiful views all made today's trip...and the gas, worth it! We saw a lot of future sites to hike. Including the trail that goes from Sedro to Hamilton. I can't wait for another day off together to explore more and hike around some more.
"Let Life See YOU"

No comments:

Post a Comment